Their Excellencies Excellencies Baron Axel Ulfgarsson and Baroness Jacquette d’Anjou Hatun are stepping down, and we thank them for their service to the Barony and the Kingdom.
Requirements for candidates: Must be an SCA member for the past calendar year Must be active within Small Gray Bear in the last calendar year Must be at least 21
Letters of intent: The deadline is May 20. If you wish to apply to be considered for our next Baron/Baroness, your letter of intent should be addressed to the Crown.
Submit the letter to the Crown (crown @ gleannabhann.net), Baron and Baroness (baron @ smallgraybear.org or baroness @ smallgraybear.org), and the Seneschal ( seneschal @ smallgraybear.org) stating that:
- you intend to run for the office of Baron and Baroness, and
- that you have read and understand the baronial bylaws.
Proxy and absentee votes: If you need to mail or email your votes, contact the Seneschal immediately so we may send a ballot and instructions. If you’re sending a person in your place to vote, please notify the Seneschal so that they may have record.
- May 20, 2022 – Letters of intent are due.
- May 21, 2022 – Candidates will be announced.
- June 1, 2022 – Questionnaires from the Baronage are due.
- June 5, 2022 – Meet the Candidates.
- June 5, 2022 – Polling opens June 5th Mailed ballots must me postmarked no later than June 15th. Polling closes June 30th. No votes will be accepted starting at 12:00AM July 1st.
- June 15, 2022 – Last day to mail a mailed ballot.
- June 30, 2022 – Polling closes
- September 2-5, 2022 – Investiture will be at Diamond Wars.
The Policies and Procedures of the Barony list the duties, responsibilities, and procedure for succession. It can be found here, and the entire Policies and Procedures can be found in our local files in this site’s library.
Per the Kingdom Law of Gleann Abhann (revised 7/12/21), Article III. Territorial Nobility lists the duties and privileges succession information for our Territorial Baron and Baroness. This information can be found in in the documents of Gleann Abhann’s web page and is linked here on this website for your review.