30th Anniversary Edition
Want to keep your rapier from getting rusty? Ply it into use at Diamond Wars. Prepare now!
The annual competition to determine Small Gray Bear’s live weapons champion will take place on Saturday at war. The live weapons field will be available for practice and points on both Friday and Saturday.
A large amount of outdoor space is available for large-scale and cooking demonstrations; there are also spaces both indoors and in tents for various classes. If you are interested in sharing your talents, please contact us.
Games and socialization:
In keeping with tradition, there will be barbecue at Diamond Wars! For those who wish to enter the Barbecue Competition on Saturday night, the rules are as follows:
1. The Barony of Small Gray Bear and the Barony of Wiesenfeuer will each sponsor one team. Any other official or unofficial SCA group may sponsor a team at the sponsoring group’s expense.
2. Each team must provide at least 1 meat dish and 1 side item and be prepared to provide a small portion to any member of the populace. Last year’s attendance was 315.
3. Teams are responsible for ensuring that food is handled safely at all times.
4. The kitchen will be available after lunch on Saturday for Barbecue Competition prep. Teams are responsible for coordinating use of the kitchen and refrigerator with the competition coordinator.
5. The winner will be determined by a panel of 5 judges. The judges will be randomly selected from the members of the populace who pre-reserve by the close of the PayPal deadline. The judges will be contacted prior to the event to make sure they are willing and able to serve.
For more information, contact Her Ladyship Sula Allrasyster, mundanely Caren Walloch at moc.o1529822803ohay@1529822803hcoll1529822803awner1529822803ac1529822803